Book Annette To Speak At Your Event
Annette is an engaging, enthusiastic speaker who wins audiences with her easy style and real-world advice. She specializes in personal branding with a focus on crafting a winning resume, creating a compelling LinkedIn profile, and building your brand through thought leadership and LinkedIn engagement.
Nationally recognized as an industry leader, Annette has been featured in numerous media outlets including: Thrive Global, Medium, Monster, Vault, Business Insider, Forbes, The Glass Hammer, Job Hero, The Huffington Post, The Chicago Tribune, Every Woman, Work it Daily, D!gitalist Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal.
Annette’s trademark is providing no-fluff, instructional presentations which provide information and actionable advice that attendees can implement immediately. In addition to delivering presentations, Annette is available to participate on personal branding and other career-related panels.
RECENT SPEAKING EVENTS
Build Your Professional Brand On LinkedIn, Philadelphia Area Greater Careers Group, March 2022
Build Your Professional Brand On LinkedIn, KLM Networking, October 2021
LinkedIn Live-a-Thon for Experience Rich Job Seekers, September 2021
Her presentations have been well received by a variety of audiences including:
- Northern Fairfield County Professionals
- Fairfield University Career Day
- sfBIG, Digital Advertising and Technology Association
- Senior Executive Round Table Networking Group
- Fairfield University Alumni
- Fairfield Network of Executive Women
- Sacred Heart University Alumni
- New Canaan CaTs Networking Group
- Fairfield University College2Corporate
- Mondays@7 Networking Group
- Westport Library, Jobseeker Group
- Hearst Media/Monster.com Job Fairs
- Platform to Employment, The Workplace
- Dress for Success Women’s Group
- Fairfield Public Library, Job Series Program
- Trinity Career Networking Group
- Center for Healing & Recovery
Annette was invited to speak to participants of Platform to Employment, The WorkPlace developed program for the long-term unemployed which was featured on 60 Minutes.
Looking for an informative, engaging speaker? Contact Annette about speaking firstname.lastname@example.org
Get my BEST updates delivered to your inbox.
Join my email list and get my favorite content regularly. BONUS: Evaluate the effectiveness of your LinkedIn profile with our LinkedIn Scorecard. Unsubscribe anytime.
Popular topics include:
You already have a brand whether you know it or not. You might think of it as your reputation. While you can’t control what people think you can influence it. An excellent way to ensure you convey the image you want is to build your brand on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is your face to the business world. It’s where recruiters may meet you for the first time. It’s the first place hiring managers will go if your resume grabs their attention. So it’s essential that your profile and activity communicate the right image.
During this LinkedIn training, Annette Richmond shares strategies she teaches her high-powered executive clients.
- Creating an engaging Profile Video (FKA Cover Story)
- Background photos as a marketing tool
- Developing a LinkedIn Headline
- Crafting a compelling, and memorable, About section
- Building community through engagement
It’s important for job seekers to remember 2 things. 1) Recruiters work for the employer, they don’t work for you. 2) Employers want to know what you can do for them. A boring resume filled with what you do on the job is not going to compel anyone to contact you.
The key to attracting potential employers is to focus on your accomplishments which means ditching those bullets which begin: “Responsible for” and “Duties included.” This presentation provides actionable steps jobseekers can use to improve their resumes.
During this resume training, Annette Richmond pulls back the curtain to show you some of the techniques she uses with her high-powered executive clients.
- Developing content that demonstrates your value
- Engaging recruiters, employers, and other readers quickly
- Creating a modern, easy-to-scan design, infused with color
- Writing for the ATS (applicant tracking software system)
- Conveying experience without looking old
Creating a resume that will get recruiters’ and hiring managers’ attention isn’t easy. Most Do-It-Yourself resumes have the same mistakes 1) focus on duties and responsibilities and 2) poor formatting. In many cases, formatting is unreadable by many ATS or applicant tracking software systems.
The key to attracting recruiters and hiring managers is to convey value, immediately. This means removing hindrances, focusing on achievements and skills, and delivering your document in an attention-getting package.
- What you need to leave off your resume, and why
- Techniques for developing a professional brand
- Using the CAR approach to unearth your achievements
- Adding style with color and formatting, no matter what your industry
A job interview is one of the key parts of the hiring process. Being able to answer an interviewer’s tough questions takes planning, preparation and skill. That means practicing common interview questions and building a rapport with the hiring manager. This popular presentation gets candidates ready to shine at their next job interview.
- Being able to answer tough interview questions
- Knowing how to research the employer
- Improved communication skills
- Avoiding potential minefields
The best way to find a new job or build your business is by networking. However, many people would rather go to the dentist than attend a networking event. Particularly if they are going alone. Walking into a room full of strangers can be overwhelming to say the least. This presentation teaches participants a few easy techniques to help them become more effective at networking events.
- Feeling more comfortable at events
- Understanding body language
- Becoming more memorable
- Easily approaching strangers